First Call for Admission Period
A Call for Admission of students to the first year of the
Master's Academic Studies
in the academic year of 2022/2023
Phone: +381 21 450 690; fax: +381 21 450 929
Student Affairs Office +381 21 485 3976 and +381 21 450 628
Bank Account: 840-1712666-26
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
MASTER'S ACADEMIC STUDIES
1. Number of vacancies for student admission
The total number of 378 students can be enrolled in the Faculty, more specifically:
- 319 students whose education is financed from the budget and
- 359 self-financing students
The following number of students can be enrolled in the given degree programmes:
Persons with disabilities and members of the Roma community, who had enrolled and completed a Bachelor’s programme by the affirmative standards, whose studies were funded by from the budget of the Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, are eligible to enrol in the first year of a budget-financed Master’s degree programme at the faculties of the University of Novi Sad in the academic year of 2022/2023 by the affirmative standards.
The total number of budget and self-financing students may not exceed the number specified in the work permit for each study program, in accordance with the provisions of Article 99, paragraph 1 of the Law on Higher Education. Enrollment of applicants by affirmative action measures can reduce the number of self-financing students in certain study programs.
The total number of budget-financed and self-financing students cannot be higher than the one determined by the business license for each degree programme, in accordance with the provisions of Article 99, Paragraph 1 of the Law on Higher Education. Admission of applicants by affirmative action measures can reduce the number of self-financing students in certain study programs.
2. Terms and conditions of application:
Eligible to enrol in the first year of the Master’s Academic Studies at the Faculty of Philosophy are the applicants who:
- have completed the appropriate Bachelor’s Degree Programme as determined by the Master’s degree programme applied for;
- have completed a higher education programme under the regulations that were in effect prior to the commencement of the Law on Higher Education.
The Master’s degree programme determines which Bachelor’s degree programmes are appropriate for continuing studies at the particular degree program.
Persons who have acquired a higher education degree under the regulations that were in effect prior to the commencement of the Law on Higher Educaton are entitled to enrol in the Master's academic studies under the conditions prescribed by the Rulebook on Admission of Applicants in the Degree Programmes implemented by the Faculty of Philosophy.
Detailed information related to the implementation of this Call shall be made public on the notice boards at the Faculty and on the Faculty’s website.
3. Taking the entrance exam:
The entrance exam is taken only for the degree programme of Conference, Specialized and Audiovisual Interpreting.
The information on the content, manner of examination and evaluation of the entrance exam for enrolment are published in a special newsletter of the Faculty of Philosophy and on the website of the Faculty.
4. Call for Admission Schedule:
First Call for Admission Period:
- applicant registration: October 3–14, 2022 (by 1:00 PM).
- the entrance exam for the programme Conference, Specialized and Audiovisual Interpreting: October 18, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
- publication of the preliminary ranking list no later than October 19, 2022 (by 3:00 PM)
- lodging objections to the published preliminary ranking list: October 21, 2022 (9:00 AM – 11.00 AM)
- publication of the final ranking list: October 21, 2022 (by 3:00 PM)
- enrolment of the admitted applicants : October 24 and 25, 2022
Second Call for Admission Period
- notification on budget and self-financing vacancies: October 26, 2022
- applicant registration: October 27 and 28, 2022 (by 1:00 PM).
- the entrance exam for the programme Conference, Specialized and Audiovisual Interpreting: October 31, 2022 at 10:00 AM.
- publication of the preliminary ranking list no later than November 1, 2022 (by 3:00 PM)
- lodging appeals regarding the published preliminary ranking list: November 3, 2022 (9:00 AM – noon)
- publication of the final ranking list: November 3, 2022 (by 3:00 PM)
- enrolment of the admitted applicants : November 4, 2022
5. Documentation submitted during the application:
You can apply via the online application HERE
- Application sheet (not required if you are applying online)
- Diploma of the completed Bachelor’s Degree Programme with the diploma supplement
or a certificate of the completed Bachelor’s Degree Programme (a photocopy; the original for inspection) and a transcript of records from the previously completed Bachelor’s Degree Programme (original).
- Transcript of records of optional (facultative) coursess (original)
- Certificate of the period spent on the Bachelor’s Degree Programme (this certificate is submitted in order to calculate the duration of the studies for students who had dormant status during their studies - original)
- ID card (in case of a chipped ID card, it is necessary to submit the print copy of the read ID card, and
- Short biography
- Certified syllabus for the subjects that the student has passed (for the appliacants who have not completed their studies at the Faculty of Philosophy in Novi Sad)
- Proof of payment of the application fee (7,000.00 dinars) for all the degree programmes except for Conference, Specialized and Audiovisual Interpreting
- Proof of payment for applying to the call and taking the entrance exam for the degree programme of Conference, Specialized and Audiovisual Interpreting (20,000.00 dinars).
5a. Documentation submitted upon enrollment:
Applicants who are entitled to enrol, in addition to the submitted photocopies of documents, submit:
- ŠV-20 form
- Index booklet (purchased at the Faculty bookshop with the payment slip)
- Two 4.5 x 3.5 cm photographs
- proof of payment of fees for enrolment costs and premiums for collective insurance of students (7,000.00 dinars)
- proof of payment of tuition fees for self-financing students.
All payments are made to the same bank account of the faculty.
By the decision of the Faculty Council, the payment of tuition fees in 4 (four) equal installments was approved according to the following schedule:
- 1st instalment at the time of enrolment
- 2nd instalment by January 10th
- 3rd instalment by March 10th
- 4th installment during the certification of the summer semester
- Application fee: RSD 7,000.00
- Application and examination fee for the degree programme of Conference, Specialized and Audiovisual Interpreting
- for enrolment and collective insurance premium: RSD 7,000.00
- the first instalment for the enrolment of self-financing students
7. Criteria for determining the order of applicants on the ranking list:
The entrance exam is taken by applicants who apply for the study program of Conference, Specialized and Audiovisual Interpreting
The order of the applicants for enrolment in the first year of the Master's Academic Studies is determined in accordance with the Rulebook on Admission of Applicants in the Degree Programmes implemented by the Faculty of Philosophy and the accredited degree programme.
The conditions for enrolment in the Master's academic studies are published in the Faculty newsletter.
Note: At the same level of study, only once can a student can be enrolled in the first year of study with the status of a budget-financed student.
8. Manner and deadlines for lodging appeals for the established order:
An applicant may lodge an appeal to the regularity of the procedure determined by the Call, the entrance exam or to his/her place on the ranking list within 36 hours from the publication of the preliminary ranking list at the Faculty. The appeal is submitted to the Commission for the entrance exam, on whose proposal the Dean makes a decision on the appeal within 24 hours of receiving the appeal.
9. Admission of foreign citizens:
A foreign citizen can enrol in a degree programme under the conditions regulated by the general provisions of the joint call announced by the Ministry of Education.
A foreign citizen takes the entrance exam.
A foreign citizen pays tuition fees throughout his/her education, unless otherwise stipulated by an international agreement or a university bilateral agreement.
A foreign citizen can enrol in a degree programme if he/she provides certificate of the Serbian language proficiency in accordance with the Statute of the University, or proficiency of the language of teaching and if he/she has medical insurance.
When applying for the call, foreign citizens submit a validated diploma of their completed Bachelor's degree programme of the same or related field of study.
If the validation procedure is not completed by the time of application for the call, the applicant can submit a confirmation that the validation is in progress. If the applicant becomes entitled to enrol and the validation process has not been completed, he/she can be conditionally enrolled with the obligation to submit a proof of validation by the beginning of classes.
The applicants from Republika Srpska apply without diploma validation.
Prior to enrolment, a foreign applicant is required to submit the following documents the Faculty:
- a certificate of his/her medical insurance for the school year of enrolling;
- a certificate of the Serbian language proficiency.
The Serbian language proficiency is tested within the Centre for Serbian as a Foreign Language at the Faculty.
- Issuing a certificate of the Serbian language proficiency to students from the former Yugoslav republics (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Montenegro): RSD 2,500.00.
- Test of the Serbian language proficiency with a certificate: RSD 9,000.00.
The conditions for enrolment of applicants who are citizens of Montenegro, citizens of the Republic of Serbia who completed their education abroad, members of the Serbian national minority from neighbouring countries, as well as persons with disabilities and members of the Roma national minority will be regulated by the instructions for conducting the call and general provisions of the joint competition organized by the Ministry of Education.
Additional information regarding the call can be obtained at the following telephone numbers:
Serbian Philology: Serbian Language and Literature 485-3973
Serbian Philology: Serbian as a Foreign Language 485-3973
Serbian Literature and Language 485-3971
Comparative Literature with Literature Theory 485-3971
English Language and Literature 485-3972
German Language and Literature 485-3975
French Language and Literature 485-3975
Russian Language and Literature 485-3970
Hungarian Language and Literature 485-3973
Slovak Language and Literature 485-3971
Romanian Language and Literature 485-3971
Ruthenian Language and Literature 485-3971
Social Work 485-3970
Sociology in Social Protection 485-3970
Communicology and Public Relations 485-3972
Centre for Serbian as a Foreign Language 459-626
FACULTY OF PHILOSOPHY DEAN
Prof. Dr. Ivana Živančević Sekeruš