Call for Applications 2023-2024 for the
at the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Novi Sad
Phone: +381 21 450 690; fax: +381 21 450 929
Student Affairs Office +381 21 485 3976 and +381 21 450 628
Bank Account: 840-1712666-26
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION FOR FOREIGN FULL-DEGREE SEEKING STUDENTS
Faculty of Philosophy, University of Novi Sad is pleased to announce the call for applications for its Doctoral Studies. The information below is aimed at foreign students who would like to pursue their doctoral studies at the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Novi Sad. The total number of students to be enroled in the doctoral programmes is 65, more specifically, the following number of students can be enroled in the following programmes:
Eligible to enrol:
- Candidates with both bachelor’s and master’s degree in total of 300 ECTS credits in the field which is the same or similar to the programme they want to enrol in; the average grade must be higher than 8.00 (according to the grading system at Serbian universities) for both levels of study.
- Exceptionally, candidates that have obtained 300 ECTS but their average grade is lower than 8.00 can enrol if they have a minimum of five scientific papers published in selected professional peer-reviewed journals – national or international.
- It is expected that doctoral students speak at least one international language actively (speaking, writing, and reading - at B2 level), and to know one more language – at B1 level.
The proficiency test for the first language (B2) is to be completed by the end of the first semester; in case the student does not meet the test requirements, the testing is expected to be completed by the end of the second year. The proficiency test for the second language (B1) is to be done in the fifth semester or not later than the sixth.
The testing is conducted by the Centre for languages at the Faculty of Philosophy and the candidates will be notified about the testing upon enrolment. The cost of the tests is in accordance with the Centre’s price list.
If a candidate already holds an internationally recognized certificate of language proficiency or has graduated from a foreign philology programme, the testing is not mandatory.
- Submission of applications: 16 and 17 October 2023 (applications closed on 17 October at 1 pm)
- Interview with the applicants will take place on 19 October 2023.
- The preliminary rankings will be published by 20 October 2023, by 3 pm at the latest.
- The appeals can be lodged on 23 October 2023, from 10 am to 12 noon.
- The final rankings will be published on 24 October 2023, by 3 pm.
- Enrolment of accepted applicants: 25 October 2023 – from 9 am to 1 pm.
The full application should consist of
- Application form (available at the Faculty's bookshop); not required for online applications. Online applications are available on the official webpage of the Faculty.
- Diploma/degree obtained at the Bachelor’s level, together with the diploma supplement and transcript of records for the BA level (photocopies for submission and the original documents for verification); (It is necessary that the diploma/degree be validated by the University of Novi Sad prior to application. If the procedure is not completed, the students can instead submit a confirmation that the procedure is in progress. The validation has to be completed in order for the student to enrol);
- Diploma/degree obtained at the Master’s level, together with the diploma supplement and transcript of records for the MA level (photocopies for submission and the original documents for verification); (It is necessary that the diploma/degree be validated by the University of Novi Sad prior to application. If the procedure is not completed, the students can instead submit a confirmation that the procedure is in progress. The validation has to be completed in order for the student to enrol);
- Copy of the ID card or the passport;
- Certificate of the duration of the studies (this certificate is submitted for the purpose of calculating the actual duration of the studies for the students who paused their studies;
- Short biobibliography, focusing on the professional and academic achievements;
- It is mandatory to submit the published papers in print. For online applications, please attach the papers in the digital form.
- Certificate of Serbian language proficiency or of the language of instruction for the appropriate programme. The proficiency of Serbian is tested at the Centre for Serbian as a Foreign Language at the Faculty, http://www.srpski-strani.com/. The testing fee is RSD 9,000.00 ;
- Application fee payment form (payable at the bank or the post office). The application fee is RSD 20,000.00 ;
ADDITIONALLY, the applicants to the PhD programme of Psychology need to submit the following documents:
- Certificate on the duration of the previous studies (this is submitted for calculating the duration of the studies for the students who had their studies on hold for a certain period) - orginal.
- Published papers in print:
- MA thesis in the electronic form (or online link to the full paper if it is available)
- A letter of recommendation (from the mentor of the MA thesis, up to 1 page).
- A proof of additional criteria: proof of participation at scientific and research project during the previous studies and within accredited programmes of education.
- A list of published works with a clear indication of the most representative work.
Application can be also done online. The link will be available on this page during the registration period.
Documents to be submitted upon enrolment:
- two ŠV-20 forms (available at the Faculty's book shop);
- student's ID booklet (has to be bought at the Faculty's book shop. Please present the payment slip. The payment for the ID booklet should be pre-done, at a bank or a post office, to the bank account number 840-1712666-26, ID booklet cost: 1000.00 RSD); Payment slip example: HERE
- two photographs (format 4.5 x 3.5 cm);
- enrolment fee payment form for the costs of enrolment and collective insurance (payable at the bank or the post office). The enrolment fee is 20,000.00 RSD.
- tuition fee payment form (tuition fees can be paid in four instalments);
All the payments are made to the bank account of the Faculty: 840-1712666-26, model Nr. 97, Ref. Nr. 3820.
Only internationally recognized certificates of foreign language proficiency will be taken into consideration.
By the decision of the Faculty Council, the payment of tuition fees in 4 (four) equal installments was approved according to the following schedule:
- 1st installment at the time of enrollment
- 2nd installment by January 10th
- 3rd installment by March 10th
- 4th installment during the certification of the summer semester
Manner and deadlines for lodging appeals concerning in the ranking list:
An applicant may lodge an appeal against the regularity of the procedure determined by the Call, the entrance exam or to his/her place on the ranking list within 36 hours from the publication of the preliminary ranking list at the Faculty. The appeal is submitted to the Commission for the entrance exam, on whose proposal the Dean makes a decision on the appeal within 24 hours upon receiving the appeal.
Admission of foreign citizens:
A foreign citizen can enroll in a degree programme under the conditions regulated by the general provisions of the joint call announced by the Ministry of Education.
A foreign citizen takes the entrance exam.
A foreign citizen pays tuition fees throughout his/her education, unless otherwise stipulated by an international agreement or a university bilateral agreement.
A foreign citizen can enroll in a degree programme if he/she provides certificate of the Serbian language proficiency in accordance with the Statute of the University, or proficiency of the language of teaching and if he/she has medical insurance.
When applying for the call, foreign citizens submit a validated diploma of their completed Master's or Magister's studies from the same or similar type of Faculty.
If the validation procedure is not completed by the time of application for the call, the applicant can sumbit a confirmation that the validation is in progress. If the applicant becomes entitled to enroll and the validation process has not been completed, he/she can be conditionally enrolled with the obligation to submit a proof of validation by the beginning of classes.
Prior to enrollment, a foreign applicant is required to submit the following documents the Faculty:
- a certificate of his/her medical insurance for the school year of enrolling;
- a certificate of the Serbian language proficiency.
The Serbian language proficiency is tested within the Centre for Serbian as a Foreign Language at the Faculty.
- Test of the Serbian language proficiency with a certificate: RSD 9,000.00.
Additional information regarding the call can be obtained at the following telephone numbers:
Student Affairs Officer for PhD programmes
+381 21 485-3974
Head of Students Affairs Office
+381 21 485-3976
Centre for Serbian as a Foreign Language
+381 21 459-626
Centre for Languages
+381 21 450-289
DEAN OF THE FACULTY OF PHILOSOPHY
Prof. Dr. Ivana Živančević-Sekeruš