The Student's Association of the Faculty of Philosophy in Novi Sad (hereinafter SAFFNS) is a youth organisation committed to the development and affirmation of non-formal education as well as to raising the academic, social, cultural and environmental awareness of the students of the University of Novi Sad. The SAFFNS was founded in August 2010 and has since been an important part of the organisation of students at the Faculty of Philosophy - not only to improve the student standard, but also to improve the quality of life of the student population through good organisation, accountability, a positive atmosphere, and a will to move forward.
The SAFFNS is a part of the Students' Association of the University of Novi Sad and consists exclusively of students of the Faculty of Philosophy. The mission of the SAFFNS is to develop and nurture relationships among the students of the Faculty and support them in their personal and professional development. The organisation achieves this through various portfolio activities and gatherings as well as by providing communication and exchange of experiences. The SAFFNS is organised on a line-by-line basis to facilitate task allocation. The organisation has a president, a vice president and a secretary general. The current president is Marjan Mohan, the vice president is Isidora Filipov, and the secretary is Anđelija Vuletić.
The SAFFNS line teams:
• Science, Education and Sustainable Development
• Information and marking department
• International Cooperation
• Culture, Entertainment and Sport
• Humanitarian Affairs Department
The most important activities that the SAFFNS has been involved with:
1. The project "Wake up on Time" was realised in 2010, 2011 and 2012. The project is about marking the International AIDS Day. The aim of the project is to raise awareness about the risk of HIV and other sexually-transmitted diseases.
2. Our Volunteers participated in the humanitarian act of the "Osmeh na dar" Foundation and organised the activity of collecting toys, sweets and school supplies for children from Kosovo and Metohija. One volunteer and student at the Faculty of Philosophy had the opportunity to participate in the distribution of New Year's presents to the children in the enclaves in the southern Serbian province that year.
3. In cooperation with the Students' Association of the University of Novi Sad, the SAFFNS participated in the realisation of the project "DO NOT WASTE ON THE CAMPUS", which was realised for the occasion of Earth Day
4. The project FILMOZOFIRANJE is aimed at popularizing philosophy as a science through film, which was successfully implemented in 2011. The project was organized and implemented by the students of the Faculty of Philosophy in Novi Sad in cooperation with the students of the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade.
5. The Philosophical Symposium "TORN BODIES", held from 12 through 14 August 2011 in Novi Sad. The topic of the symposium concerned political bodies, theoretical bodies, peoples as bodies, and, in general, thematising bodies in culture and philosophy (predominantly in post-structuralism and continental philosophy in general).
6. Presenting the work of the organisation at the Education Fair "PUTOKAZI"
7. The project "PREVENTIVE WAVE" - a set of creative and affirmative ways, methods, measures and initiatives that aim to activate and engage young people to use their ideas, potentials, and opportunities in the most productive way.
8. The project EKOTEKA. The primary objective of the project is to raise environmental awareness among the residents of the city of Novi Sad, as well as gain new knowledge in the field of environmental protection, transfer of latest news and information related to ecology, as well as socialising and entertaining through learning about methods of preventing environmental pollution. The project consisted of the following stages: Organising the motivational weekend "Ekoteka" and the ecological workshops "Ekokurs".
9. Participation in the organisation of the panel "Drugs do not have the last word"
10. Participation in the organisation of the panel “Suicide Taboos and Prejudice”
11. The action "FLOWERING" - The action is designed to decorate campus objects. The emphasis was benches, utility poles, and trees because they are most visible to students. The decoration consisted in using wool of different colors to wrap the objects. Each of them had an eco-friendly, loving or humorous message.
12. Participation in the organisation of the University Chess Championship (2012, 2013, 2014)
12. The project "ACADEMIC BABY" - an information booklet intended for students of the University of Novi Sad with children. The manual provides and presents all the information needed by students who have opted for parenting and helps them create their plans and goals for family planning. In late 2014, the "Academic Baby" portal was created for better and easier communication of students with children, as well as easier access to information booklet and information on the situation at universities, free legal aid and the Institute for Student Health Protection in Novi Sad
The seat of the organisation is at the Faculty of Philosophy in Novi Sad
Address: Dr Zoran Đinđića 2, Office P12 (ground floor)
Phone: +381 (0) 21 / 485 3991
Facebook: Studentska asocijacija